So, funny story…
Damian lists some of the issues that could go wrong if you publish from a developer machine:
- Maybe you have something installed on your machine that’s not in production.
- Maybe you didn’t merge all the changes people made.
- Maybe you did, but you resolved that tricky bit slightly wrong.
- Maybe you merged successfully, but forgot to run tests.
- Maybe you did run the tests, and they work fine on your machine, but not in production.
- Maybe there are untested bugs that don’t show up until the app is on a server.
- Maybe your OS just got an upgrade and the code no longer compiles.
I asked Damian if I could print some so he kindly shared the template to me on Sticker Mule… I immediately ordered some stickers.
After a little time the stickers arrived in Australia from the US and I added it with pride of place on my Surface
I shared some with my government clients and even someone from the VSTS team here in Canberra.
Thanks Damian Brady!